Hi Guys and Girls,
I' am writing this for those who are going to join ILP soon or later. I have joined TCS on 23rd June, 2014. I' am going to share as much content as I can about ILP at TCS. Note that whatever I write here is as per my knowledge and my experience.
DOCUMENTS
-Service agreement on 100rs stamp paper (no need of notary)
-Surety verification form
-Non criminal affidavit on 100rs stamp paper (all pages notarized)
-Medical certificate (as close as possible to your joining date, but no issues even it is not)
-Birth affidavit - If you birth certificate is in your local language, 100rs stamp paper and should get notarized
-Gap affidavit - If you have break in you study, 100rs stamp paper and should get notarized
-Other affidavits are also available if there is any conflict in like adress, fathers name (In case he is referred by other names) @ 20rs stamp paper and get notarized
-Passport - If you do not have passport, you should atleast have applied for it and get acknowledge form (they generally allow even if you dont have)
-They ask to bring two attested copies for each certificates and cards, but we submit ine set here.
-Surety verification form
-Non criminal affidavit on 100rs stamp paper (all pages notarized)
-Medical certificate (as close as possible to your joining date, but no issues even it is not)
-Birth affidavit - If you birth certificate is in your local language, 100rs stamp paper and should get notarized
-Gap affidavit - If you have break in you study, 100rs stamp paper and should get notarized
-Other affidavits are also available if there is any conflict in like adress, fathers name (In case he is referred by other names) @ 20rs stamp paper and get notarized
-Passport - If you do not have passport, you should atleast have applied for it and get acknowledge form (they generally allow even if you dont have)
-They ask to bring two attested copies for each certificates and cards, but we submit ine set here.
All the required print ready files & sample photos are available in a rar file in this group.
ACCOMMODATION
-TCS provide accommodation and its mandatory to stay wherever they provide. They are good and also depends in the location.
-HRA (3880) will be deducted from the salary
-Internet on your own
-Cot, bed, pillow, bed sheet, blanket will be available
FOOD
- Morning & Afternoon - Cafeteria- Night - Hostel canteen
- Every time you eat, you have to pay, I mean it's not like college hostel mess.
After all, everything I wrote about food and accommodation depends on the location you get.
FIRST WEEK
- Day 1 _ Welcome, Introduction to TCS & Document verification- Day 2 _ Document verification & some presentations
- Day 3 _ Training starts
- Day 4 _ Training
- Day 5 _ PAT and IRA (may be on next monday)
If you forget any document, don't panic. Things goes as cool as you are. They will give you chance to submit pending documents till the end of ILP.
PAT (Pre Assessment Test)
- Online test on ASPIRE material- 36 or 40 MCQ, I don't remember
- Marks will be given & Simple marking
- If you have very good score in ASPIRE and perform very bad in PAT (means that you have cheated), there is a chance of reschedule
- It's simple, even if you do not have read ASPIRE material
- Just do not worry about it. You are already an employee of TCS and they are not going to fire you.
- Marks and percentile will be given
- Complex marking (Question may have multiple answers, marks will be given for each correct answer you tick, marks will be deducted for each correct answer you didn't tick, marks will be deducted for each wrong answer you tick)
- I got 22 percentile (very less) and didn't affected in any way, so don't worry about it much
IRA (Initial Readiness Test)
- Online test on tech lounge material- Marks and percentile will be given
- Complex marking (Question may have multiple answers, marks will be given for each correct answer you tick, marks will be deducted for each correct answer you didn't tick, marks will be deducted for each wrong answer you tick)
- I got 22 percentile (very less) and didn't affected in any way, so don't worry about it much
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Follow the attire guidelines given on nextstep portal- Shave everyday, polish your shoes everyday (No one follows once you move to your base location, so just bare with it for those 3 months)
- Tie is must on every Wednesday (Not after moving to base location)
- Business casuals on Friday (You can also wear formal dress as everyday)
- Do not use mobile inside learning rooms
TRAINING
- Its not sure that you will be given the same stream as in your tech lounge- Training for Biz Skills (English, Etiquite etc)
- There are two types of training for technical stream
1. Virtual training
- Faculty will be there, but you will interact with them online
- You will have to watch recorded videos and access some oneline material to learn.
- Daily tasks & weekly online tests
- Faculty will be there, but you will interact with them online
- You will have to watch recorded videos and access some oneline material to learn.
- Daily tasks & weekly online tests
2. Faculty led training
- For those who get SAP as their stream, faculty will come to learning room and teach face to face
- No daily/weekly tests
- Oracle trainees have both (some days online & some days faculty led)
- For those who get SAP as their stream, faculty will come to learning room and teach face to face
- No daily/weekly tests
- Oracle trainees have both (some days online & some days faculty led)
BASE LOCATION
- Just don't guess your locations & be prepared to hear any location so that you will not get depressed after getting your base locations- If you are lucky enough, you will get but don't wait for them to get announced. HR will take his own time to announce
- You may try asking HR, it in most of the cases it doesn't help.
- After moving to your base location, you may ask RMG to transfer you to the required location. But, it's not necessary that you will be transferred.
RELEASE DATE
- You will be released from ILP after 60 working days. For example I have joined on 23rd June and getting released on 16th September- If you get posted in the same location a where you get trained, you will have to report next day; otherwise, next Monday
- They will reimburse 2nd AC train charge from your training location to your base location
- 3 days accommodation will be provided or 3000/- will be given to you if you get 2nd , 3rd or no preferred location.
SALARY
- It's approx 13k in hand in training & 22k - 23k after moving to the base location
MY SUGGESTIONS
- Learn conceptually (whatever you do, know why you are doing that)
- Use weekends & explore tourist spots near your ILP location
- Make friends
- Have fun by both learning and enjoying
- Learn conceptually (whatever you do, know why you are doing that)
- Use weekends & explore tourist spots near your ILP location
- Make friends
- Have fun by both learning and enjoying
ALL THE BEST
About me,
I have got trained on SAP BI/BO in TCS Gandhinagar and currently working on SAP BO in TCS Pune. I didn't complete ASPIRE & so tech lounge too. My tech lounge was JAVA. I got my base location as Delhi, but then transferred to Pune. If anyone wants to know anything particularly, one can drop a message me in facebook /LinkedIn or can comment here. I would like to remind you that whatever I wrote in this post are as per my knowledge and my experience.
Connect me on LinkedIn at
Connect me on LinkedIn at
Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil Guda
how many sets of attested copies (like marks lists etc)should be there???
ReplyDeleteOne will suffice, but they will tell you to bring 3.
DeleteHow should I prepare for IRA?
ReplyDeleteHow should I prepare for IRA?
ReplyDeleteIs it mandatory to complete java tech lounge before joining?
ReplyDeletecan i get language lounge material my email id is deekeshkumar24@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI didn't clear aspire exam conducted in my college and they are saying that if we fail in aspire your call letter is delayed ...is it true?
ReplyDeletehow the stream is decided? I've got Java Tech Lounge.
ReplyDeleteAnd can i submit acknowledgement receipt of passport ?
Stream is decided randomly. May be they follow a procedure or ranking system internally, but its not clear. I also had got Java tech lounge but I have been trained on SAP BI and SAP BO.
DeleteI think you can submit the acknowledgement receipt of passport, but you will need to submit the photocopy of passport before you leave ILP.
Our Aspire quiz is lock and I am selected in TCS through offcapmus. Will there will be test from aspire ?
ReplyDeleteOur Aspire quiz is lock and I am selected in TCS through offcapmus. Will there will be test from aspire ?
ReplyDeletewhat location in delhi to be specific. how many office they have in NCR.
ReplyDeleteYou can find this info in TCS website. There are few in Gurgoan and few in Noida. The building in Patel Chowk is RMG amd HR building.
Deletemy score in aspire is good...my rank is 19...
ReplyDeletend now m getting diffculty to solve java techlounge..
is it mandatory to solve java techlounge???
my score in aspire is good...my rank is 19...
ReplyDeletend now m getting diffculty to solve java techlounge..
is it mandatory to solve java techlounge???
Sorry for the delay. I do not know if this will help you now. Anyways, in 2014, many people have been called for training even if they do not complete tech lounge. I do not know how it is now.
DeleteHave u cmpltd ur aspire and tech lounge before getting ilp?
ReplyDeleteHave u cmpltd ur aspire and tech lounge before getting ilp?
ReplyDeleteNo, I haven't. But, in 2014, people from top colleges have been called for training even if they do not complete ASPIRE. I think it's not the case now.
DeleteSir, is it difficult to clear the PTA and IRA 1? Although I have already completed my Aspire but still I am confused about these test.
ReplyDeleteHi,
DeleteNo, its not difficult. Just remember that pu are an employee, not a student.
i have got joining this 4th of july at ilp,gandhinagar. i'm scared about the ira1. is it really tough??
ReplyDeleteIt's not tough. One should worry before being selected, not after.
Deletehave you completed your aspire and tech lounge?
DeleteWhat is your score thankyou in advance.
I've completed my aspire and am doing tech lounge when will I get joining? Does TCS call people based on college grades?
ReplyDeleteI do not know. All I have seen is people who completes aspire soon gets joining letter soon.
Deletei haven't completed aspire and i don't know my tech lounge. how to know my tech lounge. what if i don't know my tech lounge on my first day at tcs.. my joining date is 4th july 2016.. reply me asap
ReplyDeletei haven't completed aspire and i don't know my tech lounge. how to know my tech lounge. what if i don't know my tech lounge on my first day at tcs.. my joining date is 4th july 2016.. reply me asap
ReplyDeleteIm not 100% sure but I think nothing will happen. You may confirm with HR.
ReplyDeleteyou know anyone facing this problem?? when should i ask HR??
ReplyDeleteThat's barely a problem. TCS is not going to rely on you to know what is your tech lounge. Either they know already or it doesn't metter. Nobody asked me what is my tech lounge before putting me into SAP BI
DeleteMy techlounge stream is JAVA. Is it sure that we have to continue in the same stream which we got in techlounge in ILP???
ReplyDeleteThanks in advance.
I think I have already mentioned the same above. Anyway, your tech lounge stream need not be your training stream. And, I do not know on what basis they allot the training streams.
DeleteHello Nikhil
ReplyDeleteMy IlP is at TCS Gandhinagar and like you I also got SAP stream...
Any advice :)
Sampurn
hello...I have completed my aspire and tech lounge too....in august batching i didnt get joining letter...now i am confused wat to do should i wait for next batching or do reset.How will i get know about TCS batching process
ReplyDeleteHai!
Deletego to campus commune, TCS-2016 channel and see august batching criteria.
thank you...but i guess august batching is completed.
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDeleteI have completed my aspire and i ll complete JAVA techlounge on 24th july and they gave cutoff date as 25th july (sep 16 joining)..but my techlounge score is below the cutoff score..do i get joining for sepbatch ??
hey is it necessary to submit assignments in java tech lounge?
DeleteI have got 29 sept ahemdabad as joining, i am scared about the IRA ,is it completely based on aspire material or other question may come????
ReplyDeleteIs it necessary to complete .net assignment before our joining as I heard that if u can't completed your assignment then you have to complete it after joining as in ILP.
Due to document insufficiency my TCS ilp got rescheduled(July 7 2016).my new joining date was 17 Nov 2016.they need to carry new document (service agreement,surety verification and medical certificate) 0r change the date in old one.
ReplyDeletewhen tcs will call if i complete both aspire and tech logue?
ReplyDeletewhen tcs will call if i complete both aspire and tech logue?
ReplyDeletePlease can you forward the exam materials
ReplyDeletemsantu955@gmail.com
I am giving IRA1, the cut off for IRA1is 22and i got 21 then what is going to happen me? My ilp training location is hyderabad.
ReplyDeleteI got offer letter.When I'll get mail regarding ASPIRE?
ReplyDeleteHello sir can you send me all materials of ilp of tcs
ReplyDeletevingupji@gmail.com
DeleteHello. Recently I got joining letter. What should I do with 100 stamp paper, Medical certificate pdf ?? Should I print it and upload to the nextstep portal or else i have to carry these to the first day of joining??
ReplyDeletePlease help to guide me
sayatrib@gmail.com
Hello. Recently I got joining letter. What should I do with 100 stamp paper, Medical certificate pdf ?? Should I print it and upload to the nextstep portal or else i have to carry these to the first day of joining??
ReplyDeletePlease help to guide me
sayatrib@gmail.com
I do not have the birth certificate but i have made the birth affidavit and i have the passport will it be necessary to provide birth certificate.
ReplyDeleteT.I.I. Gold: The T.I. Gold review.
ReplyDeleteThe T.I. Gold - babyliss pro nano titanium flat iron bronze-sized gold coins with two settings for placing the titanium granite countertops stake directly into titanium pry bar your pockets, and titanium hammer with no regard to where can titanium rings be resized to